Thursday, September 5, 2013

WILL STUDY FOR FOOD

Well, its that time that we have all been waiting for. Since middle school, I'm sure we all remember talking about colleges and being excited about it. Now the time has come to apply to them and to apply to the scholarships that will help us pay for them. It is safe to say that we are all in a stressful situation because even though we all have great support from all our teachers, friends and advisors, we feel the weight of the adult life on our shoulders and its heavy- heavier than expected. I was advised by many past seniors that I should start my scholarship hunt during summer in order to get ahead of it and not be so stressed out during the year. I have primarily focused on scholarships offered to Latino students because they are the ones I feel I have the biggest possibilities of getting.

Colleges are always looking to diversify their campuses and so many scholarships are offered to minorities in order to encourage them to apply to a higher learning institution.

There is a website I found that has a good directory of many scholarships offered to minority students and you can visit it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment