Wednesday, September 11, 2013

ALL OF THE ABOVE

Evaluation of my work on the 1987 AP English Literature and Composition Exam

For the most part I did well. I did well above average, as I always do in most English exams. I've always excelled at English over other subjects. However, the one thing I have always had complications with in English has been vocabulary. It isn't that I'm ignorant and cant infer from context clues what a word means and I read a sufficient amount to have been exposed to a wide variety of words. My issue is always that I second guess myself with vocabulary and I end up going the wrong route. I absolutely love the questions that are based on a read passage. Those are my favorite questions because the answers are provided for me in the text, all I have to do is identify them. I'm also a fast reader so I never have to worry about allocation of time; it just always works out for me, usually with time to spare (y). Another reason I love passage based questions is that I have an excellent memory and after reading something, I can retain a large percentage of the information. I just have to work on my vocabulary and I'll be good to go!

p.s. Last year on the AP English Language exam I did horrible (hint: 1+1). The issue I had was with the essays. I felt the multiple-choice part was fairly easy and I knew most of the answers. But for the essays, I ran out of time about three-fourths into my second essay. Hopefully this year I can receive training in writing at a faster pace so that I can receive the sort of score that better represents who I am as a student.

No comments:

Post a Comment