Wednesday, March 26, 2014

MY MACBETH RESOURCES

1. No Fear Shakespeare. This is what has gotten me through most of my English career when it comes to Shakespeare. Shakespeare is difficult. Shakespeare uses an English that is extremely hard to decipher so it makes the whole process of reading, analyzing and everything else so difficult. This website translates his English into a more modern American English that we are familiar with. I love this website because it takes care of the heavy duty work and gives you a good foundation to begin with.

2. This is the actual text. I like this website because of its simple design. It doesn't have too many things so scrolling is easy.

3. Macbeth Wikipedia page. I like learning the quick history about these sort of things before I actually read them and once I am immersed into the reading I look back on these websites. It allows me to better understand the text by putting it into some sort of context (historical, political, etc).

4. Full Macbeth play acted out. With this sort of literature we can often miss out because its meant to be a visual experience. I like watching plays just to help better understand the play in general.

5. This is a series of examinations, an in-depth analysis of the play and it contains a bit of history and background information. I have read bits and pieces and it all seems very logical and academic. I will periodically visit this as we move along the play.

No comments:

Post a Comment