Saturday, December 28, 2013

After the Holiday's

The Holiday's have just passed and I am sure we all were left with a great feeling of satisfaction. Not only are most college applications in, but we are done with our first semester of our high school senior year. The hectic holiday season is also over (with New Years being the only "holiday" left) and for the first time in months we are able to breathe and relax.

That's all great but we are not 100% worry free...there are still scholarships to think about and those final Common Application deadlines and the tedious AP winter break homework. I just wanted to take a break and for a few minutes express my gratitude. I am grateful for having an amazing family who I was able to spend Christmas with. I am grateful for the lovely presents I received. I am thankful for being able to be awaiting a new year with my family and friends. I am thankful for all the great friends I have, who have been supportive and a breath of fresh air every time I spend time with them. I am thankful for all the great teachers I have had that have inspired in me academic curiosity. I am thankful for all the adults and counselors who assisted me during the university application season.

Specifically I'd like to thank my mother. My mother, who is probably the person who closest understands me. Her strength, courage and patience never failed to encourage me. Thanks to her I was able to make it through those all nighters. Seeing how hard she works every day and her incredible resilience have provided me with the best example of how to be a successful and productive woman in this country. Thank you mother for teaching me and helping me so much. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment