Saturday, October 5, 2013

IF I JUST HAD MORE TIME

Well all throughout Friday, the periods who had already taken the midterm had fun terrorizing us and telling us that it was brutal, and they were 100% correct because it was. I thought Dr. Preston's midterm was difficult and challenging. I did study my vocab, but I was not prepared for the way he tested us. I guess I should begin to expect the unexpected. I knew the words, but I could not remember them off the top of my head. Especially due to the fact that I had this pressure of finishing my essay. So what I did was I first wrote my essay and as I remembered words I wrote them down. I felt pretty confident about my essay but not about the vocab. I didn't write down many words and I don't think the vocabulary section reflected my mastery of the words. Next time, I need to find new and creative ways to study my words so that they become more than an assignment. I was thinking about incorporating them into my day to day conversations so I can become more familiar and comfortable with them, also so that I can hopefully remember them better.

**This actually made me laugh during the SAT today because five of the vocabulary words we had worked with were on the test. I won't reveal anything specific because the College Board may hunt me down, but studying vocab helped me in an unexpected way. Today for the first time in four years of taking high school vocabulary tests, I saw the importance and value in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment